Among the report’s highlights:
- Growth: Annual cloud revenues among the Talkin’ Cloud 50 rose 47 percent, on average, from 2009 to 2010.
- Revenues: The average Talkin’ Cloud 50 company now generates more than $6 million in annual cloud revenues.
- Primary Services: 68 percent of the companies offer Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS); 42% offer platform as a Service (PaaS); and 74% offer Software as a Service (SaaS).
- Specific Focus Areas: The report also covers specific segment areas such as hosted/SaaS email; virtual servers in the cloud, storage as a service; security as a service; hosted unified communications and more.
- Strategic Relationships: The most popular cloud partners included VMware, Microsoft BPOS/Office 365, Google Apps, Zenith Infotech, Amazon Simple Storage Service, Rackspace, Intermedia and Ingram Micro Services.
The Talkin’ Cloud 50’s top 10 companies are:
- OpSource, www.opsource.net
- Apptix, Inc., www.apptix.com
- mindSHIFT Technologies, www.mindshift.com
- iland Internet Solutions, www.iland.com
- Alliance Technology Group, www.alliance-it.com
- Anittel Group Limited, www.anittel.com.au
- HEIT, www.goheit.com
- NetBoundary, www.netboundary.com
- MySecureCloud, www.mysecurecloud.com
- Excel Micro, Inc., www.excelmicro.com
Check the Talkin' Cloud 50 portal for the complete list and additional details. The Talkin’ Cloud 50 report is based on data from Talkin’ Cloud's online survey, conducted through March 2011. The Talkin’ Cloud report recognizes top VARs and MSPs in the cloud based on cloud-centric revenues, applications offered, users supported, and additional variables. Cloud aggregators, cloud brokers and cloud services providers (CSPs) are also profiled in the Talkin' Cloud 50 report.
We'll be back soon with more insights and analysis from the Talkin' Cloud 50 report.
Follow Talkin’ Cloud via RSS, Facebook and Twitter. Sign up for Talkin’ Cloud’s Weekly Newsletter, Webcasts and Resource Center. Read our editorial disclosures here.