Welcome to the Top 100 Cloud Services Provider (CSP) list for 2013. Also known as the Talkin' Cloud 100, this portion of the CSP list covers cloud computing companies ranked 40 to 31.
Cloud Sherpas, led by CEO David Northington, arrived at No. 39 and is pushing hard as a cloud services brokerage.
40. Critigen LLC, Denver, CO, USA:Focused heavily on the government market, the MSP now offers IaaS, SaaS and a range of virtualized servers. Critigen also promotes its ability to host game servers, VoIP, streaming video and other latency-sensitive applications. Top Exec: Jim Eberle, CEO
39. Cloud Sherpas, Atlanta, GA, USA: Perhaps the best known Google Apps for Business channel partner, Cloud Sherpas now positions itself as a cloud services brokerage – helping customers to deploy and manage Google Apps, Salesforce.com and ServiceNow solutions. The company’s CSB business is on pace to grow more than 80 percent in 2013. Top Exec: David Northington, CEO
38. PeakColo, Denver, CO, USA: A key VMware service provider, PeakColo has bet heavily on IaaS while also building out a cloud partner program. Josh Mariea, VP of business development, is overseeing the major channel initiative. Top Exec: Luke Norris, Founder & CEO
37. TOA Technologies, Beachwood, OH, USA: The company’s field service management solution has a strong following across retail, utilities, healthcare and other vertical markets. Cloud-related revenues jumped roughly 93 percent last year. Top Exec: Yuval Brisker, co-founder, President and CEO
36. Layered Technologies, Plano, TX, USA:The enterprise cloud and managed hosting provider touts its expertise with PCI-, HIPAA- and FISMA-ready hosting environments. Layered Technologies also is a close VMware partner. Top Exec: Jack Finlayson, Chairman & CEO
35. Quest Technology Management, Sacramento, CA, USA:The company’s four primary cloud solutions are (1) unified virtual data center, (2) disaster recovery and business continuity, (3) desktop virtualization and (4) virtual application development. Cloud-related revenues jumped roughly 33 percent last year. Top Exec: Tim Burke, President & CEO
34. AppDynamics, San Francisco, CA, USA:The application performance management software provider empowers CSPs and MSPs to monitor servers, applications, and plenty more. Top Exec: Jyoti Bansal, Founder & CEO
33. AppRiver, Gulf Breeze, FL, USA:The email encryption and web security company has a growing channel partner program. AppRiver’s solution protects 45,000 corporate customers and eight million email inboxes worldwide. Top Exec: Michael Murdoch, CEO
32. BlueLock, Indianapolis, IN, USA: BlueLock promotes virtual data centers and cloud management solutions that are available on-demand to customers. Cloud-related revenues roughly doubled last year. Top Exec: Christopher, Clapp, CEO
31. mindSHIFT Technologies Inc., Waltham, MA, USA:Owned by Best Buy, mindSHIFT continues to grow its managed and cloud services business practices. The cloudSHIFT brand now includes solutions for applications, virtual desktops and VMware servers. Top Exec: Paul Chisholm, CEO
Where to go next: