Welcome to the Top 100 Cloud Services Provider (CSP) list for 2013. Also known as the Talkin' Cloud 100, this portion of the CSP list covers cloud computing companies ranked 100 to 91.
BUMI (ranked No. 100), led by CEO Jennifer Walzer, is a rising star in the cloud backup market.
100. BUMI (Backup My Info! Inc.), New York, NY, USA:This MSP specializes in online backup and data recovery. Recurring cloud revenue grew roughly 25 percent in 2012. More than 500 businesses and 40 channel partners work closely with the company. Top Exec: Jennifer Walzer, CEO & Founder
99. Intelligence Partner, Madrid, Spain: This cloud consulting company has deep expertise in business intelligence, Google Apps, CRM and business process management. Top Exec: Ignacio Bano, CEO
98. Cohesive Flexible Technologies Corp., Chicago, IL, USA: Cohesive has launched more than 300,000 virtual servers since 2006 and has more than 500 production deployments under its belt. Next up: Image management for OpenStack – the open source cloud platform – and a growing focus on software defined networking. Top Exec: Patrick Kerpan, CEO
97. Promevo, Erlanger, KY, USA: This Google Apps for Business partner also has a reseller network for gPanel – the company’s management and reporting solution for Google Apps. Top Exec: Aaron Gumz, Managing Partner
96. American Technology Services Inc., Fairfax, VA: Founded in 1994, ATSoffers network support, web design, hosting and cloud services to SMB customers. The cloud business grew a healthy 35 percent last year. Top Exec: Jeff Chandler, President
95. Unified Technologies, Portland, ME, USA: Perhaps better known as an MSP, Unified Technologies has also pushed into cloud services. The company was formed in September 2011 when TelLan Network Technologies (doing business as VoIPnet Technologies) merged with ITPartners LLC. The combined company claims to be the oldest Hosted VoIP provider in New England. Top Exec: Todd Wolf, COO
94. BioPharm Systems, San Mateo, CA, USA:Now here’s a true vertical market technology provider. BioPharm is an Oracle Gold Partner focused on Life Sciences – particularly clinical trial, data, drug safety management systems. Much of the company’s revenue comes from cloud-based services. Top Exec: Alex Sefanov, President and CEO
93. Green House Data, Cheyenne, WY, USA: A key VMware partner, Green House offers public,hybrid and private cloud services. The company’s recurring cloud revenues jumped roughly 150 percent last year. Top Exec: Shawn Mills, President
92. Netswitch Technology Management, South San Francisco, CA, USA: Netswitch essentially launched in 2000, with a small network engineering and IP telephony engineering practice. The company has expanded into Internet Security, cloud computing and managed services with offices in Thailand, Beijing, Hong Kong and Shanghai. Netswitch now offers ERP, Web development and systems integration services with the acquisition of the Blackhawk Systems Group in 2012. Top Exec: Stanley Li, CEO and President
91. IT Solutions Consulting Inc., Fort Washington, PA, USA: A top MSP that now has a branded cloud service dubbed NearCloud. The service links customers’ networks to a secure server facility. Another interesting nugget of information: IT Solutions Consulting is employee-owned, through an ESOP. Top Exec: Ted Swanson, CEO and CFO
Where to next? You can: