The two new Dell Services offerings for SAP are:
- Dell Cloud Starter Kit for SAP Solutions, which provides customers with two month’s of free access to Dell’s enterprise-level, secure cloud environment, including compute power equivalent to 8,000 SAP Application Performance Standard (SAPS) units of measure; and
- Dell Cloud Development Kit for SAP Solutions, which provides access to 32,000 SAPS of virtual computing capacity to for more advanced customers requiring a rich development landscape for running SAP applications.
“Dell and VMware have a proven track record of providing enterprise-class, secure clouds to organizations of all sizes,” said Kevin Jones, VP of Dell Services, in a prepared statement. “Now we’re giving customers running SAP solutions an easy, low-risk way to take advantage of all the benefits of the cloud in a way that fits seamlessly into their existing IT environments.”
Dell Services offers for SAP solutions include the following SAP-certified components:
- Dell Cloud with VMware vCloud Datacenter Service delivering a secure, enterprise-class, multitenant cloud solution with unique hybrid cloud capabilities
- Dell Cloud for SAP Solutions includes multilayer cloud security using Dell SecureWorks and VMware vShield
- Dell Consulting Services, which is experienced in implementing systems running SAP solutions
- A development kit, which includes the Dell Boomi technology as the centralized platform to deliver enterprise-grade integration
At the end of March, Dell added the Cloud Services and Solutions Certification to its PartnerDirect program, which Talkin’ Cloud viewed as a positive step.