enStratus, not surprisingly, has its sights set on the management side of the equation. "As the cloud market continues to gain momentum, enterprises are looking to leverage a proven solution from leaders in the industry for their clouds,” said David Bagley, CEO at enStratus, in the press release. “This partnership meets this goal for enterprises by combining Dell’s OpenStack reference architecture and the leading cloud management capabilities from enStratus.”
Dell and enStratus list the following benefits for their joint OpenStack service:
- Deliver applications with consistent governance and automation
- Control budgets and security access for the cloud
- Automate the infrastructure—including auto-scaling, automated backups, and automated recovery
- Leverage the configuration management solutions and operations tools that meet business needs
- Integrate the cloud into internal systems—including LDAP/AD, billing, monitoring and more
In February 2012 enStratus partnered with Joyent to enable administrators and developers to orchestrate and automate architectures, in some cases across multiple clouds. Dell’s recent acquisition of Wyse Technology had Talkin’ Cloud asking whether it really was a "cloud computing" move. Answer: probably yes, once Dell integrates Wyse into its cloud services.
Talkin’ Cloud readers can click here to learn about the Dell PartnerDirect program.