Containers, security, and hyperconverged infrastructure are some of the cloud trends that Forrester is watching in 2017.
It's hard to believe that 2017 is just around the corner; already the predictions for what opportunities lie ahead for your business over the next year are rolling in.
Over the coming weeks, Talkin' Cloud and other Penton Technology sites will be looking forward at some of the specific trends and ways that your business can capitalize on them.
To get us started, here are 10 cloud computing predictions for 2017 from Forrester, which the research group released last week:
- Beyond pay-per-use, buyers will save money in cloud in many ways
- Hyperconverged infrastructure will help private clouds get real
- Size still matters, but the megaclouds won’t be your only option
- Lift-and-shift tools will improve to make cloud migration easier
- Hybrid cloud networking will remain the weak link in hybrid cloud
- Enterprises will shun large, complex, and costly private cloud software suites
- SasS will move away from one-size-fits-all to regional and industry solutions
- Chinese firms will be key drivers of global cloud evolution
- Containers everywhere will shake up cloud platform and management strategies
- Cloud service providers will design security into their offerings
Of course, for more details, Forrester wants you to download the report.
Talkin' Cloud will be breaking down some of these trends over the next few weeks so be sure to check back as we tackle topics like containers and security.
Do you have predictions for 2017 to share? Please email Talkin' Cloud Content Director Nicole Henderson.