Talkin' Cloud readers believe Rackspace (RAX) CEO Graham Weston will bring the company closer to the channel in 2014, according to last week's (unscientific) poll.

Rackspace reappointed Weston last month after former CEO Lanham Napier made the decision to retire from Rackspace to pursue other opportunities. Napier will serve as a consultant to Rackspace to ensure a smooth transition, the company said.

POLL: Which cloud platform are you mainly leveraging in 2014?

While Weston has been reappointed for now, it seems that he won't be this role for too long. The company said it plans to keep searching for a "long-term successor CEO." To help fulfill this goal, Rackspace said it has retained a recruiting firm to assist with the search. Candidates will be internal and external.

Talkin' Cloud's poll revealed that 60 percent of respondents expect Weston to steer the company toward a channel-centric strategy. The remaining 40 percent did not agree.

The majority may be onto something. Rackspace today launched a practice called Rackspace Digital to provide digital marketing support to companies. Is this part of Rackspace's new channel focus?

Talkin' Cloud will be speaking with Rackspace later in the week to find out what the new group means for channel partners.

Follow CJ Arlotta on Twitter @cjarlotta for further updates on the story above.