AVG CloudCare is a cloud-based security management dashboard for VARs and MSPs serving SMB customers. Now, CloudCare supports email security, content filtering and encryption.
AVG CloudCare, an antivirus and security management console for SMBs, continues to expand its portfolio of services for VARs and MSPs. The latest offering features a commercial edition of AVG Remote IT and AVG Email Security Services.
AVG CloudCare is the free cloud-based administration platform with "pay-as-you-go" services for channel partners and their end customers. More than 1,000 partners use the platform, which launched in October 2012.
In some ways, the AVG strategy resembles that of GFI Software, which develops the GFI Max cloud portfolio for MSPs. Admittedly, the market for cloud-based security services is saturated with rival offerings. But AVG has been busy extending and expanding its own suite of cloud services for partners. The AVG suite now supports:
- The commercial release of AVG Remote IT service, previously available in beta. It allows SMBs and reseller partners to remotely access and deploy services, and trouble-shoot issues on client devices.
- AVG Email Security Services includes AntiSpam, email archiving ad encryption technologies. Sources say the Email Security Services are white labeled from a trusted third-party that has deep experience in the cloud market.
Overall, AVG says CloudCare offers six key capabilities to partners:
- Remote, one-click deployment for installs and activations, eliminating the need for costly on-site visits;
- Keyless licensing and easy-to-use preset policies that remove administrative hassles in managing accounts;
- Real-time updates and automated upgrades for up-to-date protection and security;
- Automatic alerts that signal customer needs and opportunities, leading to increased sales;
- Customizable reports that showcase the value channel partners are providing; and
- Fully-functional, no obligation 30 day trial before purchase.
Other players in the market include Exchange Defender, Reflexion Networks and Spam Soap (a close McAfee partner). Most of the major anti-virus companies are also moving toward cloud-based security platforms.
But AVG is working hard to make sure its brand stands out from the crowd. CloudCare, for instance, is available exclusive via AVG resellers in North America, the UK and Ireland -- a strong statement that indicates AVG partners have zero chance of experiencing channel conflict. Mike Foreman, general manager for AVG SMB, says his team comes from SMB and channel roots -- hence the strong commitment to partnering.