Ipswitch File Transfer is now supporting mobile devices with the launch of MOVEit Cloud 8.0, the company's managed file transfer cloud service.
Ipswitch File Transfer is moving its managed file transfer cloud service into the realm of mobile devices. The vendor launched MOVEit Cloud 8.0, and the big addition is mobile support, which is meant to enable end users to "seamlessly and securely access and transfer business files from mobile devices."
MOVEit allows businesses to transfer files between their partners, customers and employees while also automating file-based workflows. Prior to the launch of MOVEit Cloud 8.0, those file transfers were more limited to desktops and laptops, but now customers can now set up file transfers that will also shift those files to mobile devices, making such devices a "seamless extension" of file workflows.
"As the influx of mobile devices continues, companies have to adapt their file transfer processes and automated workflows to support them," said Rich Kennelly, president of Ipswitch File Transfer, in a prepared statement. "8.0 brings together the file automation, visibility and control, and mobile support IT needs to confidently extend business to mobile devices."
According to the vendor, MOVEit Cloud 8.0 provides several new and enhanced features, including:
- The ability to securely send and receive files with business partners, customers and employees.
- Mobile access to the latest files from business systems with the ability to upload new files.
- Automation for ensuring the proper files are available to mobile workers.
- Visibility and control as to who receives certain files and when.
- Scalable cloud architecture with elasticity to meet demand at peak times.
- And a lower total cost of ownership and higher reliability.
Although the company didn't make note of the channel, Ipswitch does go to market through channel partners. Chances are, some of those partners' customers have been asking for extended features to touch mobile devices, and now that is possible.