AppNeta has raised $16 million in Series C funding, and more than 400 channel partners now use the company's cloud-based application performance management tool.
AppNeta, which offers a cloud-based IT performance management platform, has raised $16 million in Series C funding. The company's core goal under CEO Jim Melvin: Empowering partners and customers to monitor end-user experience, network performance and application performance.
AppNeta's revenues have grown 150 percent in the past year -- though the company has not disclosed actual figures. AppNeta's channel program now includes 400 partners that support cloud services for end-customers.
The company claims its cloud platform supports:
- Full stack application monitoring;
- end-user experience monitoring;
- active application path performance monitoring;
- application aware user traffic analysis;
- automated packet capture and analysis for troubleshooting; and
- device-level operational metrics for infrastructure health and management.
But what services can channel partners -- such as MSPs -- offer to their end customers? AppNeta points to monitoring, diagnostics and optimization services for:
- Unified Communications & Collaboration (VoIP, Video conferencing, Messaging)
- SaaS / Cloud Services
- IP Storage / BU / DR
- Desktop Virtualization
- Electronic Medical Records
The partner program includes white label options for MSPs. The company also partnered with Polycom in February 2013. And AppNeta has offered consumption-based billing for MSPs since at least October 2012 -- a pretty long track record considering most cloud-based MSP partner programs are relatively new.