AirWatch by VMWare today unveiled several Secure Content Locker updates, including a new Microsoft (MSFT) Outlook plug-in and social feeds.
AirWatch by VMware Lead Solution Engineer Blake Brannon
The company said the new capabilities enable IT administrators to access dashboard analytics for data on how users are viewing, sharing, collaborating and downloading content.
"End users now can securely share large files via email with an easy-to-use Outlook plug-in and can collaborate socially by adding and tagging team members on content. These social interactions are funneled into an activity feed that provides end users with a timeline of recent activity such as adding, deleting and moving content and folders," AirWatch Lead Solution Engineer Blake Brannon told Talkin' Cloud.
Other new Secure Content Locker features include:
- Collaboration on documents without requiring downloads
- Desktop sync to send content from the desktop directly to Secure Content Locker
- Support for additional file types such as WAV, RAR and ZIP
- Tracking for when a user adds, deletes, moves, renames or restores a file or folder
- Transfer ownership of content capabilities
Secure Content Locker is designed to protect sensitive data and provides users with a central application to securely access this information from their mobile devices, according to AirWatch.
The solution can be deployed on Android, iOS and Windows Phone 8 devices.