Datapipe's new managed offering pairs data-mining and intelligence tools to aggregate and analyze AWS usage patterns across the enterprise.
Datapipe CEO Robb Allen says IT operations need more than traditional service management tools to optimize AWS services.
On Wednesday, Datapipe, a Jersey City, N.J.-based managed services provider (MSP), announced Datapipe Cloud Analytics for AWS, a new managed offering that leverages data-mining and intelligence tools to aggregate and analyze AWS usage patterns across the enterprise.
The Datapipe Cloud Analytics service, which is basically a big data engine, connects a client’s AWS account through an API to collect and analyze raw usage metrics in near real time. It also provides cost and billing statements that provide the details of data costs.
Other features in the service include the following:
- Full AWS Coverage -- Gain a comprehensive view of your solution with information on 100 percent of existing AWS services.
- Cost Dashboards -- Easily discover more meaningful information about your spending with different cost views on an improved dashboard.
- Business Groups and Governance -- Allow users to build different business alignments to serve different use cases such as cost allocation reports and chargebacks.
- Availability -- Baseline disaster recovery (DR) status that reflects AWS DR best practices and recommends AWS features to reach optimal availability, increase outage protection and quicken recovery.
- Security -- Scans and identifies the status of your security group configurations, continuously monitors their status and alerts you of vulnerabilities.
- One-click Access to AWS Certified Engineers -- 24/7 access to support teams for recommendation implementation and immediate resolution of detected issues.
Datapipe CEO Robb Allen said in a prepared statement that IT operations need more than traditional service management tools to optimize AWS services.
"By combining the Datapipe Cloud Analytics platform with our industry-leading managed services, we’re helping our customers tackle the operational and governance challenges of successfully managing their public cloud deployments," he said.